Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Heat Wave! In Kentucky, anyway.

Things I need to pack for a 50K in Kentucky this weekend: shorts, running skirt?, t-shirt.

Things I don't need to pack: wool running socks, bun toasters, ice breakers running pants.

Awesome.

Don't get me wrong, I love winter and I enjoy running in the cold but I'm excited for some single track that isn't snow and/or ice covered. Though, word on the street is that it might be super muddy but at least it'll be warm. It'll also be nice to run without ten pounds of clothing on me. The high on Saturday fluctuates from the mid 40s to lower 50s so it's not going to be crazy hot but it'll definitely feel like a heat wave. Of course, with a starting temperature in the 30s, I'll still be bringing a wide variety of clothing to choose from come race morning :) Half the reason for having a drop bag is in case I want to switch up the layers I have on!

After twisting funny when landing in a mud hole this summer, resulting in a slightly torn meniscus, I'm feeling a bit paranoid about mud. However, a quick check on the race website updates me that the trail is wet but only a few muddy areas. Fabulous!

Flagging is pink, so I'm well used to looking for pink ribbons with the NMTC series!

I don't really feel like I have a race this weekend. I suspect it'll start to sink in when we start driving down there tomorrow. Or maybe if I get off my butt and go pack instead of writing a quick blog update . . .

1 comment:

  1. Hmmmm...... where to comment, here or Northland Runner. Guess I will have to take turns.

    Northland Runner won this time.

    ReplyDelete