Thursday, June 16, 2011

From NR: Grandma's Weather

The weather is looking so promising for Grandma's that I don't even want to talk about it for fear of jinxing things up! After a day or so scare of temperature predictions slowly climbing up and past 70, the predictions have been steadily dropping since then. Right now it's looking to be in the low or high 50's as a high, depending on the site you look at but not much variance in temperature from start to finish. There's a 50-70% chance of rain - one site saying 50% chance of showers and the other 70% for thunderstorms. So there could be some rain. Humidity is higher than I want on one site and fine on another.

But this could all change by Saturday, anyway! I am much, much happier about a chance of rain than gross heat, though. It just makes figuring out what to wear so much more complicated . . . I'm hoping for no rain as we start, anyway, as who wants to stand around in the corrals in the rain with your warm up clothes wet and wadded up in your gear back waiting you at the finish? But again, I would rather that than 90 degrees!

I'm crazy nervous and worried that while I'm in good shape, I don't know that I'm in good road marathon shape. I haven't done nearly enough marathon goal pace specific runs. I would love, as usual, to run somewhere between 3:30-3:40 but what would make me happy is just breaking that silly Grandma's curse of mine. That's something I feel confident can happen on Saturday.

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! A special good luck goes out to my buddy Mike who is running his first marathon!

No comments:

Post a Comment